Every mom knows that at home workouts with kids are not easy, but there are a few ways to make getting healthier a little easier.
It can be tough as a mother to find the time and energy to stay in shape, but it is still important. Statistics show that just 30 minutes of moderate activity per day lower your risk of cardiovascular disease immensely!
Staying healthy and being around long enough to enjoy your children’s lives is what we all want. Your children watch everything you do and being a role model and showing them that exercise is important can be life changing for them.
These are my favorite tips for staying on track with exercising at home…even with a toddler 😉
- Wake up before your kids to get a workout in. You will feel so refreshed and ready for the day by the time they wake up. I have a whole post on how to get into the habit of waking up for your morning workout.
- If waking up early isn’t your thing, exercise during naptime or after the kids go to bed at night.
- Join an online workout program like Bikini Body Mommy (it’s FREE!) that will provide you with everyday workout videos to follow along with. All of her videos can be done in your living room!
- Incorporate your kids in your workouts by taking a walk to the park.
- Workout at the park while the kids are playing.
- If you have a small baby, take a walk with the baby in a carrier on your back. The added weight will make for a better workout!
- If your kids are older, ride bikes with them. They will LOVE bonding with you this way.
- Designate the garage or spare room as a workout area and put gym equipment in there.
- Recruit your spouse as an accountability partner. You can both wake up early and workout together.
- Buy some new workout clothes to motivate you…LOL you totally know this works! It does for me 😉