This tuna macaroni salad is simple with limited ingredients and always reminds me of my Grandma. She made this for us a TON when I was growing up, it’s a family favorite. Made with tuna, noodles, onions, celery, and mayo this is a great dish to make for a potluck or get-together!
TUNA MACARONI SALAD INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1 (16oz) box of elbow macoroni or shells
- 2 (5oz) cans of tuna in water
- 1 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
Have you tried this Balsamic Steak Salad yet? It’s incredible!
HOW TO MAKE TUNA MACARONI SALAD
STEP ONE: Cook pasta according to package.
STEP TWO: Strain water from noodles after cooked then combine tuna (drained), diced onion, diced celery, and mayo.
STEP THREE: Salt and pepper to taste, mix well, and serve chilled.
- You can use any small shaped pasta you’d like, I prefer shells or elbows for this recipe!
- Mayo or miracle whip both work great for macaroni salad.
This recipe is made at ALL of our family get togethers. Christmas, birthdays, cookouts…. you name it. It is a big hit with everyone. Sometimes I will put aside a bit of the macaroni salad to the side before I put onions in it in case there are kids coming that wouldn’t like the onion. My kids eat it just fine with the onions in it though.