This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Lonestar Eggs, all opinions are 100% my own.
If you’ve ever met anyone from Texas, chances are they are loud and proud to call The Lone Star State their home (including me). I was born and raised in Texas and it never grows old, it is truly the best state there is. Now to celebrate Texas and how amazing it is I have a Texas breakfast casserole recipe for you. I love this recipe because it is 100% prepped the night before, so it’s easy to just throw in the oven once you wake up. It’ll have you drooling I promise!
3 tbsp. butter
1½ cups onion, finely chopped
10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 can Pillsbury biscuits (8 count)
1 cup parmesan cheese
9 Lonestar Eggs
2¾ cup milk
- Melt butter in a skillet, sauté onion until soft.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir.
- Butter the inside of a 2 ½ – 3 quart casserole dish.
- Layer the bottom with biscuits cut into fourths. Top with spinach mixture and cheese. Repeat the layering once more.
- Combine eggs and milk. Whisk until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits and spinach.
- Chill for 8-24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before making.
- Bake at 350˚F for 45-55 minutes.
How awesome is it that us Texans can buy Lonestar Eggs, that are locally raised and laid right here in our home state!? I think it’s great, and this recipe is perfect for them. So to my Texas friends, head over to your nearest Walmart and pick some up!