For months I’ve been seeing my friends brag about their ipsy glam bags all over social media. I never looked into it because I figured it was way too overpriced for me. Then I found out that they were only $10 per month! Which was totally surprising since you typically receive 5 products and and a little makeup bag each month. In my opinion, the bags the products come in are worth at least $5.
My November glam bag was the first one I’ve received. When you sign up, ipsy will have you take a beauty quiz to determine the types of products you will receive. Overall I think they did a pretty good job on getting me things I would love. After you receive your products each month you can review them on your ipsy account and they will take these reviews to help improve your matches in the next glam bag.
I think these glam bags are such a cool idea because I have such a problem with venturing out in makeup and skincare. I hate buying a $30 bottle of moisturizer to find out it sucks. Receiving these sample products every month allows me to venture out and try new products without breaking the bank.
These are the items I received in my November Glam Bag:
- Beauté Basics Gel Eyeliner with Gel Eyeliner Brush- I have never used gel eyeliner so I don’t have much to compare it to, but it worked very well. Although the product seemed great I probably won’t use it because it is navy blue and I am not too adventurous when it comes to makeup.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara- LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am a tiny bit biased because the makeup I use on a daily basis is Smashbox, but I was so thrilled to receive this product. I haven’t tried it out before and am very likely to purchase it again in the future.
- Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel- This is a great exfoliator. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It left my skin feeling silky smooth!
- Coolway Stronghold Spray- Great hairspray that wasn’t sticky at all. I typically skip the hairspray because of the scent and texture on my hair. This product smells great and did not leave my hair feeling crusty!
- tre’StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon- I was pretty disappointed about this product only because it came in red. Red lip color looks terrifying on me! I still tried it out and the actual product was perfect, the color just wasn’t for me. I submitted in my review that the color was not my thing so hopefully they will take that into account for my future glam bags!
Overall with this being my first bag I am really happy with the outcome and can’t wait to receive my December Glam Bag!
Here is my referral code if you’d also like to try it out! I will receive points toward free products if you use this code to sign up 🙂
Brittany’s IPSY REFERRAL CODE