As a new mom, you’ve got to get the low down on the must have mommy gear and I have the low down to share. These items will help you transition into mommy- hood like a PRO.
This post contains affiliate links.
- You probably know that a diaper bag is a must, but the hard thing is finding the right diaper bag. When I had my daughter I had never heard of the Laiya Bag and I will be using mine from now on! The Laiya Bag Classic is the one I have now and it’s stylish, not bulky at all, and you can carry it in different ways. Those features are all great, but the best thing about the Laiya bags is that you can easily attach them to your stroller with the stroller loops! It saves so much space in the under compartment of our stroller and keeps me from having to carry everything when we go out.
- When B was born I knew that I wanted her to sleep in our room with us, but I was too nervous to co-sleep and her crib was WAY too big for our room. Buying a separate bassinet seemed like the best option but they were super expensive and only looked like she’d fit in there for a couple of weeks. My mom came across the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play at Target and snatched one up for us. It was my lifesaver for about 4 months! It is small and folds up so that you can move it from room to room or take it on trips easily. The best thing about it is that the sides go up and around the baby like a taco so that they still feel like they are being held throughout the night.
- This one might seem obvious to people, but I never knew how big of a roll bibs would play in the first couple of months of motherhood. It was no surprise to go through 10 of these a day so if you don’t want to be doing laundry constantly, stock up on some bibs. Tip: Don’t get the bibs with the plastic backs! The cloth ones absorb so much more spit up where the plastic ones let the spit up run off!
- Another must have that I never thought about was a diaper changing pad for on the go diaper changes. There were so many times that I wish I had something to go on top of the nasty restaurant changing tables or something to use when they didn’t have a changing table at all! I recommend the Laiya Clutch. It is great to keep inside the diaper bag when your baby is in the early stages of life (when you need to carry everything with you) and it can be used on its own later (into toddlerhood) when all you need is a few diapers and wipes. It has convenient pockets on the inside to carry along what you need for the diaper change and folds out into a changing pad! It’s so practical. We LOVE ours! It also has an outside zipper pocket for your phone, I like to carry it along when we go to the park and I don’t want to be dragging along a huge bag.
- These items may not be a necessity, but they’re FREE so that makes them pretty important 😉