I really really love my sleep, but I also love mornings and making a good breakfast for my daughter and I. There are a couple of recipes that I rotate through for weekday breakfasts and this healthy blueberry muffin recipe is one of my favorites. You can even use this recipe several times a week and just throw in different things to keep it exciting (blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, nuts etc.).
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (or all- purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- Blueberries, rasberries, nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever else your heart desires!
- Take out ingredients and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Use either paper muffin cups or cooking spray.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Combine the egg, almond milk, and vanilla with the coconut oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until all clumps are smoothed out.
- Fill muffin cups halfway and add berries. I use about 8 berries/chips/nuts depending on their size. Then fill the muffin cups till about a centimeter from the top. Since we prefer extra blueberries I then put more on top of the muffin batter as well!
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until your muffins are a golden color.