This post has been sponsored by Kraft-Heinz. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
There is nothing that gets me more excited for fall than this delicious Harvest Hash recipe.
This recipe includes delicious ingredients like PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts, pretzels, and candy corn to put a fall twist on traditional cereal snack or trail mix recipes.
The sweet flavor of peanut butter chocolate candy and candy corn combined with the salty flavor of pretzels and PLANTERS peanuts make this an extremely addicting fall snack!
Fall Harvest Hash
It is also my go- to fall or Halloween party recipe since it is so simple to make. There is a Dollar General right outside my neighborhood that I can run to anytime to pick up the ingredients, which makes it really convenient to make since I am always preparing for things last minute.
Planters Peanuts are available for only $2.50 during the week of Tues 9/30 and Wed 10/28 at Dollar General! Perfect timing to get this recipe made before Halloween!
Also, look at these colors! I just about fall in love every time I make this because it gets me right in the mood for sweaters, pumpkin patches, and changing leaves!
We have this bowl sitting on our kitchen table full of harvest hash, and it makes for a good colorful fall centerpiece. Who doesn’t love edible decorations!?! Anyone can just walk on past and grab a handful for a quick snack, too!
But I’ll warn you now…it is SUPER addicting.
Making Harvest Hash
You only need a few ingredients to put this harvest hash recipe together:
- Rice Cereal
- PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Candy Corn
- Candy Corn Pumpkins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
The best part about this recipe is that it is super customizable to your liking. Just swap the ingredients out with something else you like if you find the recipe is too sweet or too salty.
I got all of my ingredients to make this recipe at Dollar General, which is not only convenient, but also so affordable!
Basically, to make this recipe all you have to do is preheat your oven to 275 degrees, toss the rice cereal, PLANTERS peanuts, and pretzels in the brown sugar/butter sauce, and bake for about 45 minutes.
I check in on it every now and then while it is baking and toss the ingredients around to be sure it isn’t burning on the edges.
Then, when that mixture is done baking, I add the candy corn and chocolate peanut butter candy to complete the recipe! This recipe makes A LOT of harvest hash, so be prepared to send some to the neighbors or to put some in little treat bags for your coworkers or for your kids to take to school.
I personally love making this recipe for Halloween parties!
Harvest Hash Recipe
- 1 box of rice cereal
- 4 cups of pretzels (you can use any shape of pretzels)
- 2 cups of PLANTERS dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of Candy Corn
- 1 cup of Candy Corn Pumpkins
- 1 bag of peanut butter chocolate candy
- ¾ cups of melted butter
- ¾ cups of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Melt the butter in the microwave then combine with vanilla and brown sugar. Stir until combined well.
- Add rice cereal, pretzels, and peanuts to a large bowl and mix together.
- Coat the dry ingredient mixture with the butter mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Use parchment paper (or foil) to cover cookie sheets (I use 2 normally) and pour mixture in a single layer on each sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After baking, let the mixture cool and then add your candy corn, candy corn pumpkins, and chocolate peanut butter candy.