This clean my kitchen challenge originally just started out as a list for me. I am a huge list weirdo and make lists for everything just because I want to cross things off with my pink highlighter. It makes me feel like I have really had a full day when everything on my planner is highlighted in pink (haha!).
But you know what’s more fun than a list?
So for the next three days I am challenging you to clean your kitchens with me and cross things off your to do list too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Day 1 is going to be solely dedicated to appliances.
- Empty out EVERYTHING. Remove all food from the fridge so that you can clean the inside. I usually don’t take out everything all at once, just shelf by shelf as I clean.
- Throw away any old or expired food.
- Take out the shelving and clean the inside of the refrigerator and then clean the shelves as well.
- Repeat with the freezer.
- Wipe down the outside of the fridge as well.
Oven & Stove
- For the oven use 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of baking soda to make a paste.
- Use a sponge to scrub the oven with the paste.
- Rinse the paste with a clean rag or sponge and water.
- If you have a gas stove, remove the grates and soak them in soapy water. Scrub them if the residue doesn’t come off with just soaking.
- For a flat top stove you can usually scrape food off with a butter knife and then wipe it down with a rag and cleaner.
- Combine 1/2 a cup of vinegar and 1/2 cup of water and microwave it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately after the timer goes off use a rag to wipe out the inside of the microwave and everything should come right off.
- Splash vinegar in the bottom of your dishwasher and run a light rinse or light wash cycle to disinfect.
I get most of my cleaning supplies from a company called Grove Collaborative. They are eco friendly and very well priced! You can order a new shipment every month of whatever household items are needed and they will deliver it to your house. Click here or on the image below to get a FREE Mrs. Meyers hand soap (my favorite is the honeysuckle scent!) and $10 in Grove Collaborative credits!