This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Lonestar Eggs, all opinions are 100% my own.
A couple of weeks ago I teamed up with Lonestar Eggs to bring you this awesome Texas Breakfast Casserole recipe. I am happy to say that I have teamed up with my fellow proud Texan egg company once again to bring you an easy recipe for breakfast sandwiches. When I go to our local Walmart I feel happily obligated to purchase Lonestar Eggs because my Texas pride is overflowing with support for a local company like this one.
…and if you’ve ever been to Texas, you know how much pride us Texans have for The Lone Star State!
This whole recipe will give you about 6 mornings worth of breakfast sandwiches. You can keep the eggs in the refrigerator and throw it all together for a quick meal before work. My whole family loves these, and my Grandparents even have a special name for them at their house.
6 Lonestar Eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
PAM cooking spray
6 english muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray muffin pan with PAM.
- Whisk together six eggs and desired amount of pepper (you can also add onions, spinach, or any other veggies in with this step).
- Fill muffin cups 1/4 full of egg mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Line 6 pieces of turkey bacon on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Bake egg mixture for about 12 minutes.
- Toast english muffin and combine with the eggs and bacon to make your sandwiches!
I’m sure you can pre- make the sandwiches and freeze them (I haven’t tried it though), but what I do is refrigerate the eggs in a ziplock bag and put the bacon in a ziplock bag on the counter. Then in the morning I throw the ingredients in the microwave and toast my english muffin before I put the sandwich together to eat!
If you are in the DFW, Houston, or San Antonio area be on the lookout for a $.75 off coupon for a carton of Lonestar Eggs in the October 18th edition of your Sunday newspaper!