Bloggers often share their income reports with readers in hopes to inspire others get started blogging and to show people exactly how to make an income blogging. Starting to share my income reports online is something I want to do to…
- Help others get started
- Help myself analyze what is working and what isn’t working
Writing out each month what I did to grow my blog, how I did it, and what money I made is going to help me decide on what is benefitting me and what is not. Hopefully, it will also help someone else!
Most bloggers who share their income reports are making a substantial amount of money before they begin to share where the money is coming from. Sites like Pinch of Yum began sharing their income reports when they were only making $20.00 a month.
My plan for Sunshine Momma is to begin sharing them now while I am still a small blogger. Why?
- To show that everyone starts somewhere
- To motivate myself to improve each month
I would have never started blogging if I hadn’t come across Becky Mansfield‘s income report while googling “how to make money from home” so I am hoping to do the same things for others that she did for me.
The past 3 semesters I have been able to be a stay at home mom and pay my college books and tuition with my income from blogging!
This post contains affiliate links.
AUGUST 2016 INCOME REPORT
This income is what I earned this month, not what I was paid. Most payments take 30-90 days before they are paid to me.
Acorn Influence: $400.00
Amazon Affiliate: $8.00
Potty Train in a Weekend Affiliate: $5.00
Google Adsense: $3.00
This was a good month for me in terms of income because of the Bluehost affiliate sale. I don’t usually make that much in affiliate income and I don’t expect to make near this much in September.
There are three ways I make money as a blogger
- Sponsored Content
- Affiliate Income
The majority of my income comes from sponsored content. You can see a list of influencer networks I use to connect with brands for sponsored content here:
Click the link below to find out what resources I use to blog:
August 2016 Traffic & Social Media Growth
Total Pageviews: 5,715
Most popular post: 120+ No Sandwich Lunch Ideas
Facebook Fans: 725
Pinterest Followers: 1,619
Instagram Followers: 682
Twitter Followers: 1,004
Goals for September 2016
- Write more content- I just started Fall classes again so I’m going to be easy on myself as far as goals go. I wrote 7 posts in August so I am going to aim for 12 posts in September (3 per week).
Exciting things from August
- I GOT TO BE ON TV! Myself and three other mompreneurs were featured on KXII News 12 Forum to talk about female entrepreneurship and how to run your own business and a family. I was super nervous, but it ended up being so much fun! Here is the link below to watch it if you are interested in learning more about blogging!