The fact that I am even writing this post right now is a little funny to me. A little over a year ago, the extent of my skincare routine was water, soap, and a makeup remover wipe.
Even though I do still love my makeup wipes for on the go or to take my stubborn eye makeup off, I’ve learned quite a bit more about moisturizing skincare and what is best for my skin over the past year or so.
I have pretty dry skin year-round, but in the winter my skin is extra dry so I try to keep my favorite moisturizing products on hand. These few products are all super budget friendly and have worked wonders for my dry skin!
The Best (Affordable) Moisturizing Skincare Products
Okay, so the rest of this post is going to be sorted into categories, but I wanted to give this skincare line an honorable mention type paragraph because I really love several of the products from the line and it is usually the first skincare line I recommend when I get asked what I use for dry skin.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Line
This line of skincare was probably my first venture out into skincare that was more than just soap and water and I fell in love. It is affordable too which was a huge deal for me when trying to dip my toe into skincare.
If I had to choose just one to use it would be the Water Gel for sure. It is so lightweight and perfect to wear under makeup. The Water Gel has 2600 reviews on Amazon and is rated 4.5 stars overall. That is dang good, especially for the price!
- Vitamin C Serum – use this after you apply cleanser and toner to your face. I have sensitive skin so I only use this a few times per week, but you can use it daily (applying in the morning is best). I own a few different Vitamin C Serums and am in the process of trying them out to determine which brand I love most. I will share more when I figure that out!
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum ($19.46)
- NOW Charcoal Detox Moisturizer ($9.75) – I actually visited the NOW headquarters in 2018 and the time and effort they put into creating their products is astounding. I will always recommend their products to anyone wanting clean beauty, food, or supplements. This moisturizer is KILLER. I only use it at night because it can leave my face a little greasy/oily, but it works so well. I also love the cleanser and mask from this line, but wouldn’t necessarily say they are directed for dry skin. It is more of a purifying skincare line. The products are organic and paraben-free as well.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel ($18.98) ***Important Note: this links to the ‘water gel’. There is also a ‘gel cream’ which I have not used before. Just a heads up if you are shopping in store!
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($25.88) – I use this product every single morning and have for years. You only need a little bit and it is lightweight enough to wear under your makeup.
- Pixi Vitamin C Caviar Balm ($24.00) – this is a leave on mask so I typically to do it at night before bed. As much as I do love the product, I will say that I am not a huge fan of the smell so if you are sensitive to smells you might want to buy in store and check it out first.
Another skincare line that I just have to mention here is Avene. It isn’t a super expensive brand, but I also wouldn’t put it in the “affordable” category. Their products are absolutely incredible. They are made to soothe sensitive and irritated skin and are mind-blowingly gentle. I use their products anytime I have a rash or an extremely dry patch on my skin. People with eczema swear by this stuff. I use the Thermal Spring Water and XeraCalm A.D Lipid Replenishing Cream the most. If you have any kind of redness, hypersensitivity, or eczema I highly recommend reading more about Avene and their products!
My list of moisturizing skincare to try is ever-growing so I will be sure to come back and update this post as much as I can with my favorite products. What is your holy grail moisturizing product? Share with me so that I can try!