I am a holiday traditions freak. I love the yearly Santa pictures and all. Even though I love traditions a whole lot I don’t quite do all of them on this list every year…but I wish I did!
- Visit Santa and get a picture.
- Bake Christmas cookies, it’s more fun if they are from scratch. These Christmas themed cookie cutters are cute. You’ll probably end up icing most of them, but it is still fun to watch the kids make their own even if they only help for a few minutes.
- Help the kids make a new ornament for the tree every year. This year we made ornaments with B’s footprint on them.
- Drive around town to see Christmas lights. I love doing this! Bring along some hot chocolate and Christmas music too.
- Bake cookies and milk to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
- Have each of your children write a letter to Santa to tell him what they are thankful for this year. It is easy to have your kids make a list of what they want as gifts, but to have them write out what they are thankful for before they even get gifts will put things into perspective.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Elf on the Shelf– here are some good reasons why your elf forgot to move last night in case you forget!
- Have a Christmas countdown where the kids get to mark off the days until Christmas is here.
- Have a Christmas movie marathon with the family.
- Sponsor a child (or family) and take your kids to shop for them. I think it is a great idea to have them choose gifts for kids their own age and explain to them that some families are less fortunate.
- Give your children new Christmas PJs to wear on Christmas Eve.
Like us on Facebook for more great ideas like these!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! From my family to yours <3