When spring rolls around many of us get our cleaning supplies out and deep clean the entire house, but how many of you make sure to complete your outdoor spring cleaning too?
Over the fall and winter the outsides of our homes naturally tend to get neglected. We aren’t out there mowing or gardening and no one wants to wash windows in freezing weather. When springtime comes, that is the time to get out there and deep clean the outside of your home.
Here an outdoor spring cleaning checklist to use for your home this year:
- Clean the front porch. Remove all furniture and decorations from the front porch and power wash it. If you don’t have a power washer then a water hose spray nozzle will do just fine. Be sure and spray the underneath of your patio roof to get rid of spider webs. Clean the light fixtures too!
- Wash outdoor furniture. Depending on what the decorations are on your porch, wash them appropriately. Ours can be sprayed off after we remove the cushions and the tables can be cleaned with glass cleaner.
- Clean the front porch mat.
- Wash the front door.
- Repeat the first 4 steps on the back porch.
- Clean and organize your garage. Throw out anything that is broken or that you know you aren’t ever going to use again. You’ll be surprised at the amount of stuff that accumulates in the garage over the winter.
- Clean the windows. Remove all of the screens and wash both the outside of the windows and the screens. This is one of my favorite ways to spruce up the outside of my home. SO much dirt collects in between the window and the screen each year!
- Plant flowers. Pull up any dead plants and plant flowers in your flower beds or put potted plants and bushes out in front of your house.
- Clean out your gutters. After the leaves fall from the trees in the fall your gutters can get pretty dirty.
- Mow the yard. Depending on when you start this checklist it may already be time to start mowing and weed eating your yard.
After you finish this your outdoor spring cleaning should be done and the outside of your house will look totally freshened up!